Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cruising Spots In Portland

Jeff Santini - # 6 - with roses and thorns

was after a week of nothing before it happened again.
Wolf had struck again.
Jeff was going right at the crime scene, when he stopped.
were three, but he did not see them all at once. He had just come down from
taxi, he had made to leave behind the building, to avoid being seen entering the police station, Captain Loyd. He had no idea that he was following.
The idea was to move from his friend, before going on site, in order to have permission to snoop around. He had received a tip of that new murder by an anonymous and did not want to risk playing that track for a light. He wanted a pass to Loyd.

He was about to enter when he heard himself called.

"Santini"

Jeff turned to peer into the alley in the direction of the voice.

"Who's there?"
"And 'Mr. Santini? Jeff Santini, The New York Times?"
"Who speaks?"
"Answer."

Jeff turned to the door and groped estimated if the leak inside the building. However, in all probability it was locked and that guy might be armed. The area would take in at once and there was no one else. Great idea fixing his back. Probably the only waiting for her man who is isolated enough to be able to approach safely. Damn, thought Jeff, the door will also be more visible, but always gives a great safety.

"he says. She 's Jeff Santini?"
"It's me."

journalist turned slowly, resigned to face his interlocutor. He tried to think quickly to possible developments of that situation and, simultaneously, to seek other escape routes.

"Come with me."
"To go where."
"Nowhere, I need you got into the car."
"What do you want."
"we'll talk about along the way."

Two other men emerged out of a ravine in the alley and headed toward Jeff.
A car was waiting, down the road.

The driver opened the door and Jeff was invited inside.

"Then, like something to drink?"
"No, thanks."

Jeff looked around and finally recognized the mysterious man.

"My name is Sean Braddok, working for Mr. Maranzano. "
" I know who you are, Mr. Braddok. Look after the interests of Don Maranzano guarantees a certain popularity. "
" I'm glad. It will be easier to explain the problem. "
" What problem? "
" His problem, Mr. Santini. "
" My problem? "
" Exactly. "
" I assure you I'm fine. "
" I do not put in doubt. Well enough to find the energy to go beyond his duty. "
" What do you mean? "
" You know. "
" I'm sorry to disappoint you but, you know, we journalists are always good to seem more knowledgeable than others. "
" I bet that if it tries, I get it right. "
" We would do first if I may she said. "
" No. I know from experience that if one gets there alone, if not then forget it. "

Mr. Jeff squared Braddok, tilting her head toward the window.

" I'll be talking about my investigation, I hope. "
" He's right, you seem very insightful. "
" My investigation of your rides are only a facade, I thought you were you even my employers. "
" Indeed it is. "
" So what you want from me? The investigation may not proceed as you want? "
" On the contrary! He's doing a great job. For this reason we want to let go of distractions. "
" Distractions? "
" O temptations, if you prefer. "

Jeff remained silent for a moment and then released.

"Wolf?"
"The Wolf."
"You do not want to chance that I care why?"
"Say it is not your affair. The must suffice."
"But why? This track does not affect my work."
"Are you sure?"
"Sure Articles about your business inevitably will come out on time. In fact I have nothing to write."
"That's true. And we welcome everyone."
"So what's the real problem."
"You see Mr. Santini, his passion for his work has often led to exaggerate."
"Listen, stop going around the subject. I'm tired. What's wrong? "
" The Wolf is ours. We owe it caught us. "
" It accomodino. "
" Take the little funny. A single article would be enough to put him in alarm, and this thing should not happen. "
" What's he saying? They have already written and the Wolf, for that matter, the case has already become a journalistic "
" Yes. But after what happened last night, no longer have to be interested. New York has to forget everything. "
" Why? What happened? "
" infamy has reached the wrong person. "
" The murder last night? "
" Exactly. "
" He was one of your own? "
" Like everyone else. "

The car pulled to the curb and stopped.

"She has come, Mr. Santini. The strongly suggest you to follow the new directives and to forget our meeting."
"Wait a minute. The Wolf plays for the Colonial?"
"We did not, Mr. Santini. This is not the spirit that we welcome. You go back home and think about the new piece to appease the Big Apple. Stia out of it."
"I can write what you want, but I can not erase the evidence of the facts. If you stand to make war on the Colonial, will think that you will pour all the blood to replace the ink."
"We also know to be discreet, believe me. But the Colonial will learn to recognize the roses thorns. Goodbye, Mr. Santini. Do not bother to contact us, in any case, we know where to find it. "





If you liked, not tenertelo for you ---> ShareThis

0 comments:

Post a Comment