Saturday, March 19, 2011

Grocery Delivery In 2010

Jeff Santini - # 7 - The third prong

After face to face with Mr. Braddok, that message was the last thing Jeff would have expected.
At St. Patrick's Cathedral, in amidships, at 21, for Compline.



Jeff would go there, if it was all there.
An appointment with the case was not just full of life, especially after being branded by men closer to Maranzano.
Too bad for the signature of the call. Masseria Don in person was going to bother to protect his public image, Jeff invited to attend the evening service in the cathedral.
The signature could be his as anyone else, but no one in their right mind would run the risk.

Jeff got off the taxi at nine o'clock. He gave a quick glance at the neo-Gothic facade of the church and went inside. The distant voices of a female chorus welcomed him immediately and Jeff get used quickly, as the darkness of the nave. Took a few steps toward the center of the cathedral and heard them ringing around and merge with the song.
There was almost none.
At any moment, Jeff was waiting to be approached by his welcoming committee, the bodyguard of Don Masseria. Probably, he thought the boss would not have even seen. Whatever it was, he would talk with a third party.

was almost at the altar when he heard a gun to his mouth kissing him on the back. He stopped without turning around. He felt the instinct to raise his hands but was able to discontinue it, knowing full well that the gunman would not appreciate a move so obvious, even if protected by the darkness of the church.

Jeff tried to remain calm. Beginning to get used to, basically.

"Good evening."

No response. The pressure of the barrel had fallen on his back a bit '.

"I'm not armed, if you want to search me."
"I know that is not armed."

Jeff swallowed and tried to concentrate on that voice behind him. A stamp warm, relaxed, master of his words.

"Well, bring me his head."
"I do not think it's possible, I'm sorry."
"I understand. I thought so. She 's the party?"
"No."
"Then I will carry us, so hurry in a hurry."
"There is no hurry. You begin to sit here, I'll be behind her." Jeff sat on

bench and continued to set the altar.
He heard the creaking of the wood line behind.

"Good. Now that we are comfortable we can know each other better."
"On this front, I'm afraid to be at a disadvantage. I have no idea who she is, but she seems to know exactly who I am."
"Of course. She is a reporter for the Times in charge of managing the war between the two families."
"Exactly. Although no one had even talked about war."
"happen."
"It seems very safe."
"Absolutely."
"Why?"
"I have my reasons, and will remain my own."
"As you wish. The gun's got her."
"Until proven otherwise."
"But At this point, I'm missing a little 'why we're here. "
" clarify some misunderstandings. "

Jeff unleashed the mind, in search of a precedent of a particular case that might have produced an enemy on the loose in search of redemption.

"What kind of misunderstanding?"
"Those that make you snooping where you do not."
"The story of my life."
"Oh, I know. Why I'm here with you. "
" Masseria Don has something to say? "
" To my knowledge no. "

Jeff cocked his head to think about those last words and then turned around.
His interlocutor's face was covered by a dark veil and wore a wide brimmed hat.
We could see only the eyes, dark and glittering in the dark.

"So nothing to do with Don Masseria. The message was a forgery."
"It was a fake. I had no other way to come here and make a call to Maranzano played unbelievable after his meeting with Mr. Braddok."
"Who is she?"
"A simple observer."
"An observer?"
"An observer."
"What are you looking at?"
"Your lives."

Jeff was uncomfortable. That revelation had displaced, was expecting another lecture like the one suffered by the henchmen of Maranzano but no. He had just discovered a third pole.

"I know that they do not want to write Maranzano the wolf, right? "
" How do you know, it works for them? "
" I just know. "
" Yes, they do not want to follow the case. "
" Very well, I'm willing to pay handsomely for face the contrary. "
" She's funny, you know. And generous, I see. But there is no figure in the world covering the discomfort of a life away from the people there. I already have everything I need. Thanks, but no. "
" I'll think to protect it even if you do not know how to do alone. "
" protect myself? How? The Maranzano are everywhere, and just told me that it is not in the service of Don Masseria. "
" As none of his business. Must accept. "
" No, I do not have. It 's the point. I have all the protection I need. "
" I do not think. "
" Do not you think? And why? "
" Because the same men who protect it can not protect themselves from me. "

Jeff tried to get up and leave, but he was detained.

" Let me go. We're finished. "
" No, Mr. Santini, we have just begun. Will call soon. In the meantime, follow my advice and do as I say. Follow the case, keep writing the wolf. You keep writing about me. "


If you liked, not for you -----> tenertelo ShareThis

0 comments:

Post a Comment